Go coconuts this Christmas and try out these truffles!
- 100g dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes
- 1 heaped tbsp almond butter
- 20g salted chocolate curls
- Pinch salt
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 16 coconut and chocolate coconut bites (about 1 ½ packs of 26g)
- 25g chocolate, melted
- 32 pomegranate arils
- Drain the soaked dates and pulse in a food processor until jammy
- Add in the almond butter, salted chocolate curls, salt and raw cacao powder and whizz until a uniform dough is formed
- Lay out your coconut bites on a flat surface or tray
- Roll the dough into small balls (about 1 tsp per ball) and press onto the bites. Repeat until you have 16 truffle bites
- Place a small dollop of chocolate on top of each truffle and top with 2 pomegranate arils. Do this for the rest of the truffles. Allow the chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe credit to: